When it comes to our trash, we humans typically do a pretty poor job of understanding what is recyclable and what is not. Our award-winning product, TrashBot™, is an automated, smart trash can that combines next-generation robotics and vision/machine learning technology to differentiate recyclables from non-recyclable material at the source.
Selected candidate for this position will work to support the design, integration, and testing of the prototypes. Additionally, this position will create new electrical schematics, work to ensure proper system artwork generation, implement design changes of existing products as potentially quality issues arise, address obsolete components, and write Engineering Change Orders as required. The engineer will develop technical documentation and publications relating to users, systems, processes, work flows, operations, products, and services.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop hardware and firmware for TrashBotTM
- Test, characterize and iterate existing designs
- Evaluate new sensor technologies and assess for applicability to the project
- Create production testing solutions for electronic assemblies
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Pursuing/Graduated with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Proficient at PCB layout, electronic assembly, and troubleshooting circuits with an oscilloscope
- Proficient at writing firmware (C/C++) for MCUs in embedded systems
- Hands-on experience through work experience, student teams, co-op, and/or personal projects
- Experience with common communication protocols (SPI, UART, I2C)
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Subversion and Git.
- Familiarity with sensor interfaces, such as LIDAR, GPS, and RADAR.
- Fast learner: We’re looking for team members who thrive on applying their knowledge, learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the rapid pace of a rapidly evolving research, development, and testing environment.
- Fearlessness: You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility: In addition to having an intimate knowledge of core engineering fields, you understand how all the pieces fit together into integrated systems, and how they impact performance.
- Passion: You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code or design "released" until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- Team player: You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with a diverse set of top engineers, agronomists, and statisticians working together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
- We provide a large assortment of snacks and drinks to get you through the day.
- You’ll get 1:1 mentoring from a talented and motivated employee on your team.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on real projects with experienced employees and have a direct impact on the company. (Our internships are not summer camp!)
- You’ll have the amazing opportunity to participate in making a product which can change the way humans deal with trash.
- You’ll work in an award-winning office with smart designs, large common areas and open floor plans that fuel collaboration.
- You’ll attend various company sponsored events, activities and off-sites - we make sure interns are having fun!
- You’ll have the opportunity to interact key executives and learn about leadership.
Please apply via email by putting your name and “EE position” (example Subject: John Smith applying for EE position) in the subject. Please submit your resume and—in-lieu of a cover letter—please write a statement about your reasoning for applying and how you believe you can contribute to CleanRobotics and send it to email@example.com